Denver Health Medical Plan wants to help you get the care and services you need to improve your health and well-being.
Complex Case Management is available to all members – at no extra charge. It is especially helpful for members who have difficult health problems and need help getting the care and services they need.
Complex Case Management is for you if you:
- Have a serious long-term medical problem
- Have a serious new problem
- Need many medicines
- Are in the hospital or urgent care many times
- Have had trouble getting the care or services you need
- Have trouble keeping up with all of your doctors and appointments
- Need an organ transplant
- Have a serious injury
All members in this program are assigned a case manager. The case manager will complete an initial assessment with you or your caregiver. The case manager will then work with you to develop a plan of care that will help you set and reach your goals for your health.
What can a Complex Case Manager do for you?
- Help you better understand your health
- Help you regain and/or improve your health
- Help you better understand your health plan benefits
- Help to coordinate your health care services
- Connect you with community resources that may meet your needs
- Help you to set and reach personal health goals
- Help remove barriers that may be keeping you from being as healthy as you can be
Participation in this program is voluntary and does not affect your health plan benefits.
To learn more about Complex Case Management or to refer yourself or another member to this program, please call Care Support Services at 303-602-2080.