Health Coaching offers self-management support, motivation, encouragement and compassion to individuals as they address chronic health care needs or make health behavior changes. The services offered through the program are voluntary and are provided at no cost. Interested parties must be DHMP members including Plan A, Point-of-Service, Medicare Choice, Medicare Select and CHP+. The services are also available to those members with Denver Health Medicaid Choice.
Health Coaches work with members who have a variety of health conditions or wellness goals including:
- Congestive Heart Failure
- Healthy Eating
- Medication Adherence
- Pain Management
- Physical Activity
- Smoking Cessation
- Stress Management
- Weight Management
Health Coaches are trained in motivational interviewing and skilled at helping guide people into action. They conduct bio-psychosocial assessments to gain a better understanding of the whole person and the barriers that might be preventing them from achieving their health goals. They assess readiness to change and employ a diverse array of psychological and behavioral change tools to empower individuals to become better self-managers of their health.
Health Coaching supports YOU and YOUR patients by helping them:
- Understand their diagnoses
- Become motivated to actively manage their health
- Make short and long-term goals to improve health
- Implement new lifestyle changes to reduce health risks
- Identify and address barriers to care
- Get connected to appropriate resources
- Learn self-care skills and strategies that follow your treatment plan
- Feel more prepared for clinic visits
For more information or to refer a member for Health Coaching, please contact Care Support Services at (303) 602-2080 or email, firstname.lastname@example.org.